Methodist Hospitals Offers Support Groups This Summer - June 18, 2018
The support groups are offered are:
- Cardiac Support Groups is offered to cardiac patients, family and friends to share personal experiences, successes and struggles, to offer one another emotional support and get practical advice and knowledge. This support group is held the fourth Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at the Cardiac Rehab (located at the CareFirst Building), 753 E. 81st, Merrillville. RSVP by calling 219-738-1075.
- Care Givers Support Group is offered to families, partners and other caregivers of adults with chronic debilitating health conditions. The group offers a safe place to discuss the stresses, challenges and reward of providing care for a loved one. This support group is held the third Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at Southlake Campus, Classroom 1 (lower level), 81701 Broadway, Merrillville. For more information, call 219-629-4268.
- HOPE Support Group is offered to stroke and head injury patients, their friends and family. This support group is held on the fourth Thursday of each month, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at Southlake Campus. Pavilion B, first floor conference room, 200 E. 89th, Merrillville. For more information, call 219-738-4926. No registration required.
- Living After Loss Support Group is a group for adults grieving the death of a loved one. This support groups is held every Wednesday, 4:00 to 5:30 p.m. At Northlake Campus, South Pavilion Auditorium, 600 Grant St., Gary. And is also held every Monday, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Southlake Campus, classroom 2 (lower level), 8701 Broadway, Merrillville. For more information, call 219-886-4522.
- Multiple Sclerosis Support Group is offered to friends and family of loved ones diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. This support group is held the third Friday of each month, 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Southlake Campus, Pavilion B first floor conference room, 200 E. 89th, Merrillville. For more information, call 219-738-4926. No registration required.
About Methodist Hospitals
Methodist Hospitals is a community-based, not-for-profit health system with two full-service acute care facilities in Gary and Merrillville, Indiana, that has been leading the way to better health for residents of Northwest Indiana for almost 100 years. Methodist Hospitals offers a number of award – winning programs, including its Neuroscience, Oncology, Heart and Vascular Institutes and Breast Care Center. Its range of services also includes Women & Children’s Services, Bariatric Surgery services, Emergency & Trauma services, Immediate Care Centers, Orthopedics & Spine services, comprehensive Rehabilitation services, Behavioral Health and Home Health Services. It is designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Tirzah M. Valadez
Intern, Marketing and Corporate Communications