My specialty is cardiac electrophysiology. I am trained in diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm problems. Electrophysiologists, cardiologists, nurses and radiology techs work as a team to treat every kind of arrhythmia, palpitation and flutter, including atrial fibrillation (a-fib), tachycardia, complete heart block and Long QT Syndrome.
The Heart Rhythm Lab offers a range of diagnostic procedures, treatments and services. Treatment options can include:
• Electrocardiograms (ECG)
• Electrophysiology Study (EPS)
• Ablation therapy for atrial rhythms (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AV nodal reentrant tachycardia)
• Ablation therapy for abnormal ventricular rhythms (ventricular tachycardia)
• Pacemaker implantation, change, management and follow up
• Single and dual chamber pacemakers
• Bi-ventricular pacemakers and defibrillators for heart failure
• Clinical follow up and re programming of implanted devices
• Defibrillator implantation, management and follow up
The Heart Rhythm Lab is located at the Southlake Campus, Pavilion A, 101 East 89th Ave., Merrillville. Contact the facility at 219-738-5330.
Dr. M. Kamran Aslam, MD, specializes in cardiac electrophysiology. His areas of expertise include Heart Rhythm disorders such as Atrial Fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardia, Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT), Pacemakers, Defibrillators, Advanced Heart Failure Pacing Devices (Bi-ventricular Pacing). While he enjoys the complex technical aspect of heart rhythm his approach to patients is simple. He strives to treat all patients like his family and makes sure they never feel out of the loop or neglected. This attitude colors all of his patient interactions from the first visit through any interventions. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Electrophysiology.