America’s favorite past time- RailCats’ 2019 promotional schedule loaded with family fun, fireworks - June 19, 2019
Courtesy of The Chronicle • June 19, 2019
Written by Chronicle Staff
The Gary SouthShore RailCats promotional schedule is loaded with family fun as the RailCats kick off the 2019 season at the Steel Yard. RailCats fans can enjoy eight giveaways, twelve fireworks shows, and numerous special events.
Since Opening Dayon May 21, the RailCats will have twelve explosive fireworks shows, including every Fifth Third Bank Fireworks Fridaygame. There’s also the Kickoff to Independence Day Fireworks Super Show on June 29and the Labor Day Fireworks Super Showon September 1.
The RailCats will have four special Festival Days presented by Berey Bros.:
• June 28and Aug. 17– AmeriCANBeer Fest– Celebrate all things America with the first-of-its-kind All American, All Cans beer fest. The RailCats will celebrate and explore the depths of domestic beer; PBR, Icehouse, Miller Lite, the Keystone Family, and others.
• July 13 –Juluau Pig Roast– An All-American pig roast featuring a whole roasted hog on the concourse.
• Sept.1 – Oktoberfest– A real German hullaballoo at the ballpark with German biers and food. The Devil’s Trumpet Brewing Company will have a special Early Release of its famed Oktoberfest.
The RailCats welcome a new foe to the league this year – the Milwaukee Milkmen. Named after Wisconsin’s love of dairy, the RailCats welcome them for their first game at the Steel Yard on Friday, Aug. 2 with Dairy Free Night where the first 500 fans will take home a bottle of So Delicious Dairy Free Non-Dairy Chocolate “Milk.
The 2019 schedule will feature eight free giveaways for fans:
• July 20 –Legends Never Die Bobblehead (Art LaFleur) presented by Methodist Hospitals (first 1,000 fans)
• Aug. 2 – Non-dairy chocolate “milk” presented by So Delicious Dairy Free (First 500 fans)
• Aug. 31 – 2019 team card set(first 1,000 fans)
Each Pop-Up Bar Wednesday will feature a single day pop culture pop-up bar; including Seinfeld, Third Rock from the Sun, Golden Girls, Rugrats, and more. All Wednesday night games will start at a special Happy Hour, 6:45 p.m. start time!
RailCats fans will have the opportunity to be here for some special events:
• June 30-North Shore Health Fair, witha variety of health screenings right on the concourse.
• July 16 and 31 – Youth and Senior Days on July 16 (presented by RCS Home Health) or July 31 (presented by AARP Indiana).
• July 21 – The World’s Largest White Elephant Gift Exchange.
• Aug. 2 –The Scout Night Sleepoveris a fun time to camp on the outfield grass, watch a movie, and have s’mores after the game
• Aug. 17 – Sixthannual Clunker Car Night.
RailCats fans will be excited to see the team play in two single-game-only jerseys:
• June 29 – SpecialIndependence Day jerseyspresented by Gold Glove Charities on Gold Glove Pediatric Cancer Charities Night.
• July 13 – Puzzle Piece jerseysduring a special Autism Senory Game presented by AccessAbilities Inc with INFEAT Autism Night raffles.
The RailCats schedule is full of fun theme nights for everyone in the family. Puppies will have fun at a second Bark in the Parkpresented by Arbor View Animal Hospital on Aug. 3. The RailCats celebrate 6 Degrees of Kevin “Bacon” Night with Kevin Bacon themed games and concession specials on the glorious “meat candy” July 12. Sharpen up your Jedi skills and hang out with Darth Vader and the rest of the 501st Legion for Star Wars Night on Aug. 16. Throw on your pajamas and hop back into the ‘80s for Breakfast Club Night on Aug. 23, featuring breakfast for dinner
Fans will want to take advantage of the RailCats weekly specials. Visit your Northwest Indiana MetroPCS locations for Metro Mondays,where fans can get free reserved seat tickets to every Monday home game. Meaty Mondaysfeature $2 hamburgers. CHN Tuesdaysoffer the opportunity to get a free ticket at NW Indiana Community Health Net locations. Taco Tuesdaysfeature $2 beef tacos and $5 margaritas.
Wednesday at the Steel Yard is a good day to explore your pop culture knowledge with with Pop-Up Bar Wednesdays. Visit NorthShore Health Centers for free tickets on NorthShore Health Centers Wednesdays. Thursday is Thirsty Thursdaywith $1.50 domestic drafts, $3 select premium drafts, and $1 hot dogs while Gerber Collision and Glass gives away free tickets on Gerber Thursdays.
AccessAbilitiesSignature Saturdaysfeatures festival events, giveaways, theme nights, Kids Run the Bases, and a special pre-game autographsession presented by AccessAbilities Inc. with RailCats players.Times Family Sundaysfeatures a special $15 coupon in the NWI Times and on NWI Times social media good for two adult tickets and up to four kids, while fans can play catch on the field before every Sunday game and Kids Run the Bases after every Sunday game.
Single game tickets start at $7 and parking is always free. Fans can purchase now tickets starting at the Steel Yard box office, by calling 219-882-2255, or by visiting railcatsbaseball.com. All promotions are subject to change.
For updated Gary SouthShore RailCats promotional schedule and group outing information call 219-882-2255 or visit www.railcatsbaseball.com.
Did you know?
The longest game played in the World Series history was 18 Innings and over 6 hours, 23 minutes long!