Here are the five surgeons:
1. Brian Damitz, MD, of Porter Regional Hospital in Valparaiso, Ind., offers patients ankle replacements instead of the traditional ankle fusion treatment.
2. Mark Jones, MD, of Merrillville, Ind.-based Methodist Hospitals was the first physician in Indiana to perform an implant procedure for big toe arthritis.
3. Gregory McComis, MD, of North Point Orthopaedics in Munster, Ind., performs anterior total hip arthroplasties.
4. Nikhil Pandhi, MD, of the Franciscan Physician Network in Munster, Ind., offers cartilage transplant procedures, using the patient’s own cartilage cells. He uses 3D printers to make patient specific implants.
5. Vineet Shah, MD, of Methodist Hospitals offers cementless knee replacements.