Heart Rhythm Lab
The Methodist Hospitals Heart Rhythm Lab is a state-of-the art Electrophysiology Lab dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and management of all types of heart rhythm disorders. A complete range of non-invasive and traditional electrophysiology services are offered, including diagnostic testing, catheter ablations, surgical procedures, as well as prescription drug and blood thinner management.
Cardiac Electrophysiologists, who are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm issues, work with cardiologists, nurses and radiology technicians to treat every kind of arrhythmia, palpitation and flutter, including atrial fibrillation (AFib), tachycardia, complete heart block and Long QT Syndrome.
The Heart Rhythm Lab offers a full range of diagnostic procedures, treatments and services, including:
- Electrocardiograms (ECG)
- Holter monitors
- Event monitors
- Tilt Table testing
- Signal averaged EKG
- Electrophysiology study (EPS)
- Ablation therapy for atrial rhythms (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, AV nodal reentrant tachycardia)
- Ablation therapy for abnormal ventricular rhythms (ventricular tachycardia)
- Pacemaker implantation, change, management and follow up
- Single and dual chamber pacemakers
- Leadless pacemakers
- Bi-ventricular pacemakers and defibrillators for heart failure
- Loop recorders
- Clinical follow up and re programming of implanted devices
- Defibrillator implantation. management and follow up
The Methodist Hospitals Heart Rhythm Lab
is located on the Southlake Campus, Pavilion A,
101 East 89th Avenue, Merrillville, IN 46410.
For more information, call 219-738-5330.
Methodist Hospitals Heart and Vascular Institute
Northlake Campus: 600 Grant Street, Gary, IN 46402
Southlake Campus: 8701 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-738-5330