Heart Failure Clinic
The Methodist Hospitals Heart Failure Clinic has been carefully designed to improve the quality of life and promote independence for those with heart failure through specialized care, education and support.
The Methodist Heart Failure Management program was established to meet the special, complex needs of heart failure patients and their caregivers, through early diagnosis, advanced treatments and the use of evidence-based care and education. The Methodist Hospitals Heart Failure clinic offers tools and treatments to help patients reduce emergency room visits, prevent hospitalizations and improve quality of life.
Patients who have had one or more heart failure-related hospital admissions or re-admissions within the past year, with a physician referral, can benefit from Clinic services.
Partnering with your primary care physician
The Heart Failure Clinic team. which includes Cardiologists, Nurse Practitioners, Cardiovascular Nurse Navigators, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Transition Care Nurses, Case Managers, Social Services, Pharmacists, Dietitians and Home Health, works in close cooperation with your referring primary care physicians. Those services include:
- Scheduling post-discharge follow-up appointments within seven days after hospitalization
- Educating patients and families to better manage symptoms at home
- Identifying and addressing barriers to self-care
- Managing risk factors to help slow the worsening of heart failure and related symptoms
- Identifying patients who might benefit from advanced heart failure treatments and therapy
- Connecting patients with the resources and treatments needed to best manage heart failure
The Heart Failure Clinic also offers useful supportive services, including nutrition counseling, cardiac rehabilitation and a heart failure support group.
The Methodist Hospitals Heart Failure clinic is an adjunct to cardiologist and primary care. A physician referral is needed to access clinic services.
Methodist Hospitals Heart and Vascular Institute – Heart Failure Clinic
Northlake Campus: – 600 Grant St., Gary, IN 46402
Southlake Campus: – Pavilion B – 200 E. 89th Ave., Merrillville, IN 46410