Surgical and Other Techniques
The standard of care at Methodist Hospitals is to minimize blood loss whenever possible. Complex procedures can be performed without the use of blood transfusions.
Bloodless Surgery and Techniques
Methodist Hospitals uses the following surgeries and techniques:
- Laparoscopic Surgery, where surgery is performed through a very small incision.
- Stereotactic Surgery, which uses a special instrument to diagnose or remove brain tumors with low blood loss.
- Lithotripsy, in which ultrasonic waves are used to disintegrate kidney stones.
- Advanced anesthetic techniques can be used during surgery to slow blood loss.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy uses a special chamber to speed up slow healing wounds.
To learn more about Methodist Hospitals Center for Bloodless Medicine, please call 219-757-7213.
Methodist Hospitals Center for Bloodless Medicine
Southlake Campus: Pavilion B, 200 East 89th Ave.
Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-757-7213