Inpatient Behavioral Health
Methodist Hospitals’ inpatient program serves patients who require around the clock care. Inpatient treatment is often necessary for patients with acute psychiatric problems, such as clinical depression, schizophrenia, or other severe conditions.
The Inpatient Behavioral Medicine Unit is housed on the Methodist Hospitals Northlake Campus. Our multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach to treatment, which includes access to psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, a social worker and therapists, is designed to assist patients in their stabilization, treatment and discharge planning.
We emphasize the importance of the doctor/therapy staff/patient relationship. Patients play an active role in their treatment and discharge planning. Meetings with members of the treatment team and family help to assure that safe and reasonable plans are in place to offer patients continued success following discharge from the hospital.
Inpatient behavioral medicine services include:
- Board Certified Psychiatrist on staff
- Full assessment and individualized treatment plans
- 24 hour nursing care
- Licensed Clinical staff for therapeutic interventions, social services and discharge planning
- Comprehensive diagnostic and psychological testing available onsite
- Medication education and management
- Closed secure unit
- Family meetings prior to discharge
Learn more about:
Direct any questions to Behavioral Health Services at 219-886-4755.
Methodist Hospitals Behavioral Health Services
Northlake Campus: 600 Grant Street, Gary, IN 46402 • 219-886-4755