Making our facilities safe
Methodist Hospitals is strictly following guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Indiana State Department of Public Health designed to ensure that healthcare institutions are best able to care for COVID-19 patients while keeping other patients safe from infection.
Methodist Hospitals is updating its visitor guidelines effective March 1, 2021 to support personal connections with loved ones while keeping patients, visitors and team members safe.
- Visiting hours are 11am-7pm.
- Patients on inpatient units may have one visit per patient per day. However, no visitors are permitted for COVID-19 patients.
- The visitor may stay for the whole visitation period, but if they leave the hospitals they will not be allowed to return until the following day.
- Patients may also have one clergy visit per day.
- Patients undergoing surgery, procedures or outpatient testing may be accompanied by one support person.
- No visitors under age 18 are permitted.
- Visitors may visit the gift shop and cafeteria.
- All visitors will be screened for temperature / symptoms and must be masked correctly at all times (over nose and mouth). No one with signs or symptoms of illness will be admitted.
- Patients going to outpatient diagnostic areas such as the lab and x-ray must exit the building after testing is completed.
We are practicing aggressive cleaning protocols throughout our facilities. Methodist Hospitals’ environmental services team increased its rounds and provided disinfectants to individual departments for hourly cleaning between those rounds.
Methodist Hospitals is following the latest CDC masking guidelines. We have also reorganized waiting areas and adopted scheduling procedures to have fewer people in waiting areas to reduce wait times and to promote social distancing.
Controlling Access to our Facilities
All those entering Methodist Hospitals facilities are screened for symptoms.