Making our facilities safe
Methodist Hospitals is strictly following guidelines established by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Indiana State Department of Public Health designed to ensure that healthcare institutions are best able to care for COVID-19 patients while keeping other patients safe from infection.
We are practicing aggressive cleaning protocols throughout our facilities. Methodist Hospitals’ environmental services team increased its rounds and provided disinfectants to individual departments for hourly cleaning between those rounds.
Methodist Hospitals is following the latest CDC masking guidelines. We have also reorganized waiting areas and adopted scheduling procedures to have fewer people in waiting areas to reduce wait times and to promote social distancing.
Controlling Access to our Facilities
All those entering Methodist Hospitals facilities are screened for symptoms.
Updated restrictions are in place for the safety and protection of our patients, visitors, physicians and staff:
- Visiting hours are 11am-7pm.
- Patients on inpatient units may have one visitor per day. However, no visitors are permitted for COVID-19 patients.
- Patients undergoing surgery, procedures or outpatient testing may be accompanied by one support person.
- No visitors under age 18 are permitted.
- Visitors may visit the gift shops, but may not visit the cafeterias.
- All visitors will be screened for symptoms. No one with signs or symptoms of illness will be admitted.
- Visitors should bring a mask from home, and must be masked at all times. Masks will provided by the hospital, if necessary.