Methodist Hospitals Employees Encouraged to Give the Gift of Hope During National Donate Life Month - April 10, 2013
What: Methodist Hospitals will hold a Flag Raising Ceremony to raise awareness among their employees in an effort to promote organ, eye and tissue donation since April is National Donate Life Month. The event will be held at the Northlake Campus in Gary, Indiana.
Who: Employees, medical staff, and leadership in addition to Gift of Hope and Indiana Lions Eye Bank staff will be in attendance.
The following individuals will be attending and will be available for interviews and photos:
• Shelly Major, Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Methodist Hospitals
• Kevin Cmunt, CEO/President, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
• Mike Henderson, Hospital Development Coordinator, Indiana Lions Eye Bank
When: The event will be held on Monday, April 15, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. The program will include:
• Invocation by Reverend David Neville, Jr., Methodist Hospitals Spiritual Care Director
• Welcome by Diana Goodwin, Chair of Methodist Hospitals Organ Donation Committee
• Opening Remarks & Proclamation Donate Life Month, Shelly Major, Methodist Hospitals CNO
• Remarks, Kevin Cmunt, CEO/President, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network and Mike Henderson, Hospital Development Coordinator, Indiana Lions Eye Bank
Where: Methodist Hospitals Northlake Campus, 600 Grant Street, Gary, IN, 46402
• Event venue will be Northlake Campus Lobby, lower level
About Methodist Hospitals: Methodist Hospitals is a community-based, not-for-profit health system with two full-service acute care facilities that has been leading the way to better health for residents of Northwest Indiana for almost 100 years. Methodist Hospitals offers a number of award-winning programs, including Cardiovascular, Neuroscience and Oncology Institutes, Bariatric Surgery and Women’s Health program. Its range of services also includes Emergency services, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation services and Home Health Services.
About Gift of Hope
Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network is a not-for-profit organ procurement organization
entrusted by the nation’s healthcare system with coordinating organ and tissue donation and
providing donor family services and public education in Illinois and northwest Indiana. It has
coordinated donations that have saved the lives of more than 19,000 organ transplant recipients
and improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of tissue transplant recipients. As one of 58
organ procurement organizations that make up the nation’s organ and tissue donation system,
Gift of Hope works with 180 hospitals and serves 12 million residents in its donation service
area. It also is part of Donate Life Illinois, a coalition of agencies responsible for organ, tissue,
eye, blood and marrow donation, as well as donor education and registration, in Illinois. For
more information about Gift of Hope and organ and tissue donation, visit GiftofHope.org.