What: Methodist Hospitals will hold a VIP Reception and Ribbon Cutting ceremony to celebrate the opening of its new Emergency Department at the Southlake Campus in Merrillville, Indiana.
Who: Community leaders, medical staff, hospital leadership and employees will be in attendance.
The following individuals will be attending and will be available for interviews and photos:
• Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• Michael McGee, M.D., Medical Director, Methodist Hospitals Emergency Services
• Richard Fetz, Principal in Charge, BSA LifeStructures
When: The event will be held on March 7, 2013 at 11:30 a.m. The program will include:
• Invocation by Reverend David Neville, Jr.
• Welcome by William G. Braman, Chair, Methodist Hospitals Board of Trustees
• Opening Remarks by Ian E. McFadden, President & CEO, Methodist Hospitals
• Remarks by Dr. Michael McGee, Medical Director Methodist Hospitals Emergency Department, Andy Lane, BSA LifesSructures, William Hasse, Hasse Construction, Shawn Pettit, Merrillville Town Council Member, and Sue Reed, Executive Director, Crossroads Chamber of Commerce
• Ribbon Cutting and tour photo opportunities
Where: Methodist Hospitals Southlake Campus, 8701 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410
• Event venue will be the new Emergency Department
• Follow “VIP Reception" signs on 87th around to the Emergency Department.
• Valet Parking will be available in front of the new Emergency Department
About Methodist Hospitals: Methodist Hospitals is a community-based, not-for-profit health system with two full-service acute care facilities that has been leading the way to better health for residents of Northwest Indiana for almost 100 years. Methodist Hospitals offers a number of award-winning programs, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciience and Oncology Institutes, Bariatric Surgery and Women’s Health program. Its range of services also includes Emergency services, Orthopedics, Rehabilitation services and Home Health Services.