Railcats Bring Festivals, Fun, and Fireworks to South Shore for 2017 Season - March 14, 2017
Courtesy of oursportscentral.com • March 3, 2017
GARY, IN – The Gary SouthShore RailCats promotional schedule is loaded with family fun as the RailCats kick off the 2017season at U.S. Steel Yard! Single game tickets go on sale at 9am on Monday, March 13th. RailCats fans can enjoy seven giveaways, twelve fireworks shows, and numerous special events.
Starting with Opening Day on May 26th, the RailCats will have twelve explosive fireworks shows, including every Fifth Third Bank Fireworks Friday game. Get in the patriotic spirit with fireworks on July 3rd and our Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza on July 4th. Don’t miss two all-new Sunday Night Fireworks shows with Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks on May 28th and Fan Appreciation Fireworks on September 3rd!
The RailCats will have four special Festival Days presented by Berey Bros.:
– May 27th – Crawfish Fest – A New Orleans-style crawfish boil with all the fixins and craft beer.
– July 3rd – 4thof Juluau Pig Roast – An All-American pig roast featuring Indiana Pork with a special performance by the Barefoot Hawaiian fire twirlers and hula dancers.
– August 5th – Baseball, Brews & Blues – Back for a third season, this craft brew fest features hundreds of craft beers, wines, and hard sodas along with blues music!
– September 2nd – Oktoberfest – A real German hullaballoo at the ballpark with German biers and food. Make sure to wear your lederhosen for this one!
The 2017 schedule will feature seven free giveaways for fans:
– May 26th & 27th – Magnet Schedule presented by Great Lake Orthopedics (First 1,000 fans)
– June 8th – Lottery Tickets presented by Hoosier Lottery (First 1,000 adults)
– June 10th – Replica Jersey (First 1,000 adults) – July 8th – Surprise Giveaway presented by Fifth Third Bank (First 1,000 adults)
– July 16th – 2017 Team Photo (First 1,000 fans)
– August 25th – Hat Giveaway presented by Methodist Hospitals (First 1,000 adults)
– August 27th – 2017 Team Card Set (First 1,000 fans)
RailCats fans will have the opportunity to be here for some special events:
– May 29th & August 7th – Fill up as All You Can Eat Nights return to the Steel Yard! – June 8th & August 3rd – The Food Truck Rally returns and will bring the best and brightest NW Indiana food trucks to U.S.Steel Yard! Grab a cold beer and the best food that Indiana has to offer!
– June 9th & August 4th -The Scout Night Sleepover returns to U.S. Steel Yard! Camp on the outfield grass, watch a movie, and have s’mores after the game! Wake up to a delicious home-cooked breakfast! We’ll have a special “Touch-A-Truck” event where you can interact with heavy equipment on August 4th!
– June 11th-Don’t miss the North Shore Health Fair where you’ll be able to take part in a variety of health screenings right on the concourse!
– June 21st & July 20th-Bring out your whole day camp or senior center to the annual Youth & Senior Day with a ticket special that includes a slugger meal! You won’t want to miss the RCS Home Health Fair on June 21st!
– July 4th – Don’t miss the electrifying XPOGO Stunt Team as they amaze with their high flying acrobatics. Stick around after the game for a special Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza!
– July 22nd – Take home a piece of the action on a special Blue Line Jersey Auction as the RailCats wear blue for Police Appreciation Night.
– July 23rd – Join us as we try to break our world record during Christmas in July with the World’s Largest White Elephant Gift Exchange. Bring a wrapped gift to U.S. Steel Yard and you’ll be given a RANDOM wrapped gift in exchange! – August 6th & September 3rd – We’ll have the first two Kids Run the Show days at the Steel Yard! That’s right – our smallest fans will take over the ballpark!
– August 26th – Don’t miss your opportunity to take home a used car EVERY INNING during our 4th Annual Clunker Car Night!
The RailCats schedule is full of fun theme nights for everyone in the family. Your puppy will surely have fun at Bark in the Park on July 9th. Don’t miss out when we celebrate 6 Degrees of Kevin “Bacon” Night with Kevin Bacon themed games and concession specials on the glorious “meat candy” July 7th. Dress up as your favorite princess on July 21st for Princess Day! Sharpen up your Jedi skills and hang out with Darth Vader for Star Wars Night on July 15th. Throw on your pajamas and hop back into the 80s for Breakfast Club Night where we’ll have breakfast for dinner!
Don’t miss any of the excitement this year by taking advantage of the RailCats weekly specials! Visit your Northwest Indiana MetroPCS locations for MetroPCS Mondays, where fans can get reserved seat ticket vouchers to every Monday home game. CHN Tuesdays offer the opportunity to get a complimentary ticket at NW Indiana Community Health Net locations. Visit NorthShore Health Centers for tickets on NorthShore Health Centers Wednesdays. Miller Lite Thirsty Thursday returns this year with discounted beer specials all around the ballpark while Gerber Collision and Glass gives away reserved seat ticket vouchers on Gerber Thursdays! Surprise Saturdays features Festival Events, giveaways, theme nights, Kids Run the Bases, and pre-game autographs with your favorite RailCats players! McDonald’s Family Sundays features free tickets at NW Indiana McDonald’s stores, while fans can play catch on the field before every Sunday game and Kids Run the Bases after every Sunday game!
Single game tickets start at $6 and parking is always free. Purchase them, starting March 13th, at the U. S. Steel Yard Box Office, by calling 219-882-2255, or by visiting railcatsbaseball.com.
For updated Gary SouthShore RailCats promotional schedule and group outing information call 219-882-2255 or visit www.railcatsbaseball.com.