12 hospitals planning facility upgrades, expansions - July 20, 2017
Courtesy of Becker’s Hospital Review
The following hospitals announced or completed plans in the last week to expand, upgrade or renovate their facilities.
1. Kaiser Permanente affiliate wants to build a $200M medical facility in Virginia
Rockville, Md.-based Kaiser Permanente of the Mid-Atlantic States, an affiliate of Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente, is looking to build a medical facility in the Washington, D.C. area.
2. UC San Diego looks to replace Hillcrest medical center
UC San Diego plans to construct a new hospital as part of a Hillcrest campus transformation.
3. Methodist Hospitals Northlake finishes $12M ED, ICU renovation
Gary, Ind.-based Methodist Hospitals Northlake Campus concluded a 14-month, $12.1 million renovation of its emergency department and intensive care unit.
4. Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital opens cancer center
Allentown, Pa.-based Lehigh Valley Children’s Hospital unveiled its final addition to the Children’s Specialty Center focused on pediatric cancer.
5. Acadia proposes hospital for drug treatment in Pennsylvania
Franklin, Tenn.-based Acadia Healthcare proposed building a Pennsylvania hospital with drug treatment services in Bern Township.
6. Shore Medical Center set to open new rehabilitation facility, Alzheimer’s center
Somers Point, N.J.-based Shore Medical Center will expand its rehabilitation services to a new location and open a new center for Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
7. Emory seeks CON to update, reopen shuttered Georgia hospital
Atlanta-based Emory Healthcare requested a certificate of need to pursue $33 million in renovations and to reopen its closed hospital in Smyrna, Ga.
8. Texoma Medical Center eyes completion of $50M expansion
The final beam of Denison, Texas-based Texoma Medical Center’s entrance to an expanded emergency department and four-story project was placed July 12.
9. CHI Franciscan Health, Kindred Healthcare break ground on $25M rehab facility
Tacoma, Wash.-based CHI Franciscan Health and Louisville, Ky.-based Kindred Healthcare broke ground July 10 on a $25 million rehabilitation hospital in Tacoma.
10. Grady Health System proposes $165M expansion project
Atlanta-based Grady Health System is proposing a $165 million expansion project to construct a seven-story surgical center and advance its HIV/AIDS Ponce de Leon Center.
11. Detroit Medical Center completes $155M children’s hospital tower
Detroit Medical Center completed a six-story, $155 million addition to its Detroit-based Children’s Hospital of Michigan.
12. Orlando Regional Medical Center to build $10M trauma center
In the wake of the Pulse nightclub shooting in June 2016, officials of Orlando (Fla.) Regional Medical Center, which treated victims, saw the need to expand their trauma unit.