11 recent hospital transactions and partnerships - March 27, 2017
Courtesy of beckershospitalreview.com • March 27, 2017
Written by Alyssa Rege
The following healthcare mergers, acquisitions and general partnerships took place or were announced in the past week.
1. Premier Health acquires Ohio physician practice
Dayton, Ohio-based Premier Health acquired Brookville, Ohio-based Studebaker Family Practice led by Jeffrey Studebaker, MD, and Matthew Studebaker, MD.
2. Wyoming County Community Health System teams up with New York healthcare provider
Warsaw, N.Y.-based Wyoming County Community Health System inked an administrative partnership with Buffalo, N.Y.-based Erie County Medical Center.
3. Idaho AG approves St. Joseph Regional Medical Center transition to RCCH HealthCare Partners
The Idaho attorney general approved the proposed transition of Lewiston, Idaho-based St. Joseph Regional Medical Center to Brentwood, Tenn.-based RCCH HealthCare Partners March 20 after a six-month review.
4. California physician group affiliates with Dignity Health
ScottsValley, Calif.-based Physicians Medical Group of Santa Cruz affiliated with Sacramento, Calif.-based Dignity Health Medical Foundation.
5. PinnacleHealth to pursue 5th transaction in 2 weeks
Harrisburg, Pa.-based PinnacleHealth officials said the health system signed a nonbinding letter of intent to pursue a strategic partnership with Hanover (Pa.) HealthCare Plus, the parent organization of Hanover (Pa.) Hospital.
6. Bankrupt North Philadelphia Health System gets approval to sell shuttered hospital
A bankruptcy judge signed off on a deal allowing North Philadelphia Health System, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy Dec. 30, to sell St. Joseph’s Hospital in Philadelphia, which closed last March.
7. Atlantic Health System collaborates with American Cancer Society to fight colorectal cancer
Morristown, N.J.-based Atlantic Health System will take part in the American Cancer Society’s national initiative to fight colorectal cancer.
8. Mednax acquires Nevada ophthalmology practice
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Mednax acquired a Henderson, Nev.-based private ophthalmology practice.
9. Franciscan Alliance, Methodist Hospitals sign letter of intent to merge
Gary, Ind.-based Methodist Hospitals signed a nonbinding letter of intent to integrate with Mishawaka, Ind.-based Franciscan Alliance March 22.
10. Parrish Medical Center, Nemours Children’s form collaborative agreement to advance pediatric care
Titusville, Fla.-based Parrish Medical Center and Wilmington, Del.-based Nemours Children’s Health System formed a collaborative agreement to advance pediatric care for residents in the area.
11. Lifespan, Dana-Farber to team up on cancer care
Officials from Providence, R.I.-based Lifespan and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston signed a partnership agreement March 21 to expand access to Dana-Farber’s clinical trials and treatment for complex cancer cases to patients in Rhode Island.