Methodist Hospitals has embarked on an expansion program that encompasses facilities, services, technology and its physician network. A major investment of $18 million is earmarked for capital projects at both the Northlake campus in Gary and the Southlake campus in Merrillville.
- Methodist Hospitals continued its commitment to delivering the highest level of patient care to Northwest Indiana with the da Vinci Si Surgical System. The most advanced da Vinci platform, the Si expands surgical capabilities beyond the limits of the human hand and eye.
- Recently Methodist invested in the most advanced diagnostic technologies for lung cancer and other pulmonary diseases. Northwest Indiana’s only Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscope (ENB) and most advanced Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) help physicians administer quicker and less invasive procedures with better patient outcomes.
- In early 2012 we unveiled the FIRST and ONLY hospital in Northwest Indiana region to offer a Multi-Specailty Computer Assisted Surgery Suite featuring GPS technology.
- 3D Mammography gives patients the most accurate results, better than digital mammograms. These vastly improved mammogram images, available ONLY at Methodist Hospitals, make it easier for our radiologists to detect abnormalities
- The Emergency Department at Southlake will be expanded 1,800 square feet and renovated to decrease waiting time and increase the quality and delivery of patient service. This capital improvement is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013 at a cost of $8 million.
- The new Breast Care Center at the Southlake campus will establish a new entry point for diagnostic services including mammography and bone densitometry to the community.
These investments are intended to ensure that Methodist Hospitals will continue to deliver quality care to Northwest Indiana’s most complex cases across a range of specialties.