Endoscopy Center at
Internal Medicine Associates (IMA)
The Methodist Hospitals and Internal Medicine Associates (IMA) have partnered to create the Endoscopy Center at IMA, offering patients the latest in endoscopy technology and equipment and a patient-focused experience.
The Methodist Hospitals Endoscopy Center at IMA offers patients:
- High quality care in a relaxed, friendly environment
- Board certified, experienced physicians with a patient focused approach
- Anesthesiologists who safely provide deep sedation, with the benefit of no pain or awareness of the procedure
- Expert GI nursing staff with collectively more than a century of experience
- The latest generation of Pentax video endoscopes
- State of the art infection control equipment and processes
In addition to having the latest in endoscopy and colonoscopy technology and equipment, the Center participates in numerous clinical trials. That means its board-certified physicians and experienced GI nursing staff continue to offer the most advanced treatments.
From colon cancer to esophageal cancer to GERD, the Endoscopy Center at IMA is your local source for patient-centered care.
ASGE Quality Endoscopy Unit
The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE), a leading gastrointestinal medical society, has recognized Methodist Hospital’s Endoscopy Center at IMA as part of its program dedicated to promoting quality in endoscopy in all settings in the United States.
The Methodist Hospitals Endoscopy Center is among only 400 endoscopy units to be granted tis recognition since 2009. The ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program honors endoscopy units that have demonstrated a commitment to patient safety and quality in endoscopy as evidenced by meeting the program’s rigorous criteria, which includes following the ASGE guidelines on privileging, quality assurance, endoscope reprocessing, CDC infection control guidelines and ensuring endoscopy staff competency.
About Internal Medicine Associates (IMA)
Established in 1993, the group at IMA is the largest gastroenterology group in Northwest Indiana. IMA physicians serve The Region by offering special expertise in:
- Manometry of the esophagus and rectum
- 48-hour Bravo pH analysis
- Endoscopic treatment for reflux with TIF
- Colon cancer screening
IMA adheres to and documents quality measures for colonoscopy screening. IMA is a member of GIQuiC, a national endoscopy consortium that benchmarks Quality measures.
CLICK HERE to review the latest Colonoscopy Quality Report
Methodist Hospitals Endoscopy Center at IMA
8895 Broadway, Pavilion E, Merrillville, IN 46410 • 219-736-4662