Breast Care Center
Precision Diagnostics in a Spa-like Setting
The moment you enter the Northwest Indiana Breast Care Center at Methodist Hospitals, warm earth tones, soft lighting and comfy furniture greet you. We have created a peaceful, private environment where women receive the Region’s most personalized, high-quality breast health evaluations. We thought of everything – including comfortable patient gowns and a nourishment area serving coffee, tea and other snacks. It is within this nurturing setting that our dedicated staff is focused on your care.
- Methodist Hospitals was Indiana’s first hospital to offer state-of-the-art
three-dimensional mammogram technology.
- Methodist was the first Northwest Indiana hospital to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- Methodist Hospitals has earned Breast Imaging Center of Excellence status from the American College of Radiology.
- For two consecutive years, Methodist has received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Breast Centers.
- Methodist’s Certified Breast Care Nurse Navigator guides and educates each patient throughout the diagnosis process.
Screening & Diagnostic Mammography: Indiana’s FIRST Source for 3D Mammograms
More advanced than digital mammography, this technology improves the sensitivity and accuracy of mammograms, making it easier for our breast radiologists to detect abnormalities, while reducing the chance for false positive results, and the need for recall appointments. In addition to 3D mammography, we offer a full suite of diagnostic imaging, including Ultrasound and MRI.
Breast Cancer Risk Assessments
All new Breast Care Center patients receive a comprehensive breast cancer risk assessment.
Methodist Hospitals employs the most advanced minimally-invasive interventional tools, including MRI biopsies and stereotactic- and ultrasound-guided biopsies, as well as cyst aspirations, ductograms and excisional biopsies.
Northwest Indiana Breast Care Center
at Methodist Hospitals
Southlake Campus: Pavilion A – 101 E. 87th Ave., Second Floor, Merrillville, IN 46410
For information, call 219-756-4436
To schedule your state-of-the-art 3D Mammogram, call 219-981-5440
Click here to download more information