Methodist Hospitals is committed to leading the region in quality specialty care and providing the best patient experience. The dedication and hard work of our staff has earned us the following distinctions…
Methodist Hospitals is recognized as among the Best Hospitals in Indiana listed in the 2013-2014 rankings as 13th overall out of 175 hospitals in the state. (U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals)
Methodist is the only hospital in Northwest Indiana to rank amongst the top hospitals statewide and is ranked 30th overall out of 119 hospitals from the Chicago Metro area that includes Northwest Indiana. “It is significant that we have been recognized for our care. “We work hard to ensure that our patients have the best possible experience.” said Shelly Major, Chief Nursing Officer.
U.S. News publishes Best Hospitals to help guide patients who need a high level of care because they face particularly difficult surgery, a challenging condition, or added risk because of other health problems or age. Objective measures such as patient survival and safety data, the adequacy of nurse staffing levels and other data largely determined the rankings in most specialties.
The rankings and data were published by U.S. News in collaboration with RTI International, a research organization based in Research Triangle Park, N.C. Using the same data, U.S. News produced the state and metro rankings. The complete rankings and methodology are available at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals.
• Awarded the Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award in 2013 by the American Heart and Stroke Association for our Stroke Program.
• Accreditated Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers (SCPC)
• Awarded the AHA’s 2011 Get with the Guidelines Silver Performance Achievement Award for Congestive Heart Failure.
• Methodist Hospitals was the FIRST Northwest Indiana hospital to be accredited by the American College of Surgeon's National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
• Primary Stroke Certification by Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
• Northwest Indiana’s MOST DECORATED Breast Cancer Program
- 2011 Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology
- First Hospital in Northwest Indiana to gain NAPBC Accreditation
- ACOS Commission on Cancer since 1974.
• Recipient of the American Cancer Society Five Star Investor Community Investor awards in the fight against cancer.
• 2010 Joint Commission accreditation for our laboratory.